The Show Office is an essential component of any smooth running event. It provides the primary point of interface between the Athletes and Organising Committee. It should be manned by the Show Secretary with a supporting team of Volunteers.
The Show Office team will:
- Distribute accreditation and any other passes such as stables access (unless there is a separate dedicated Accreditation Office which many larger shows will have)
- Issue competition numbers
- Answer questions
- Receive competition declarations
- Receive any protests
- Produce and distribute all competition related information
The Show Office should be a comfortable indoor/covered area with reception/main desk, waiting area and an area (table, letter trays etc) for displaying and distributing competition information, as well as a back office area.
Ideally the Chief Steward's Office should be co-located or at least nearby because much of the information for Athletes will come from the Chief Steward and many questions raised by Athletes relate to the Chief Steward and his/her responsibilities.
The following information must be produced and made available to Athletes:
- Starting orders
- Training times
- Course plans
- Any special information – meetings, stabling information (including opening/closing times), confirmation of declaration deadlines, social events, transport, accommodation etc